Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Just rambling-no pictures

 Just wanted to drop in and thank you for following me.  I know that I can go into hiding at times.  It is hard to do as much as I do....it is sorta hard to define what I do.  

I dye-not only linen, but trim and other fabrics.  I try to squeeze in designing here and there.  I sell wholesale and retail.  I hardly have time to sleep-no kidding.   

I am not sure if you are like me-but since the lockdown-I have been working on getting out there and making my life 'normal'.  That is hard when you work from home.  At first the lockdown was great-no change here.  But then stores changed hours, things got harder to find and time seemed to slip away.  I have learned how to shop at different times, go online more-which, if you have not purchased from a source before can be a little unsettling.  

A few of you might have known-but in March of this year 2022-I fell in my studio and had a fight with a bookcase and it won.  I broke my right shoulder.  With the help of a very good friend and many more-I was able to keep my business going and move through the event.  I was lucky and did not require surgery, but it was over a 9 month long PT event and I still have issues.  It weakened my body core-so I am doing Yoga like crazy and walking is a problem.  Who woulda thunk-that injuring your shoulder would cause so many other issues.  

I learned a lot on having others help me.  It was interesting teaching someone to help me dye, handle cutting linen and trim.  They definately decided there is no glam in this line of business.

The first of this year-I canceled all my events-before my shoulder injury.  I think the universe was telling me something.  I did add on a wonderful class in Texas in October and I managed to walk a show-Houston Quilt show as a buyer and got inspired to venture into other items to sell.  

I have fallen in love with Mister Finch and some other textile artist I have found during this weird times in our world.  I have started doing more textile arts and upcycling items.  I will share some of my mushrooms and other items that I have started doing in my 'spare time'.  

I just want to close this rambling with again, thank you for following me.  I hope to get more lives out there and share my thoughts and knowledge.  Please look for me popping up in a few magazines.  I have some designs coming out in them and am trying to meet a deadline for a personal dyeing article.  It is not to help you be a professional, it is all about starting off, being safe and a few tips to get you excited about trying dyeing.  

I have found that dyeing is like finishing.  After you do it once maybe twice you decide if you are going to go down that rabbit hole again or not.  Trust me both are not for the faint of heart.  I truly wish more designers gave their finishers the credit they deserve.  Being a true finisher is a talent not to be challenged.  It is the most amazing experience to start with nothing and to create a tangible item without any pattern or help.  Lots of times when one is busy creating and moving to the next deadline you deny yourself the moment of happiness and sense of accomplishment-to just sit back and say-I did that.  

Well, I am off to move items around-find missing things, dye, stitch and create.  Look for some pictures of some of my new creations.

Hugs-have a stellar moment-ebeth

No comments:

Post a Comment