Monday, December 5, 2022

End of Year Looming 2022-23

Well, here we are in the brown faze.....Petrified Wood Bark-it comes in Chenille and Mini Pom Pom at the moment.  It is a slightly varigated color.  I do not do enough browns....so I added a few.  I am going to play around and see if it will work on other trims....it is always exciting to try new recipies...

Petrified Wood Bark Chenille 3 yard package

Ptrifies Wood Bark Min Pom Pom 1 yard package

These trims are available at your Local Needlework Shops or if you cannot find them there they are listed in my Etsy Shop.  As always my products are listed in Hoffman Distributing Company  They are wholesalers, but you can see what is available and get your local needlework shop to order what you need.

Now we come to a new linen color-yes, another primitive in the browns.  Truffle Pig-love the name.  Truffle pigs in Europe are a lovely shade of brown....some have these faded spots....I have been thinking of how I can have Truffle Pig with spots....Who knows.  But at the moment-just Truffle Pig.
This wonderful way of finding truffles is an art.  There are farmers that force grow truffles.  From what I have read-these forced grown truffles are not quite as good as wild grown truffles.  I just love the pigs-they are cute and smart.  Wonderful color-just look for it in my Etsy or get your local needlework shop to order the color.  It comes in all counts of linen and in Aida.... 

Truffle Pig linen-new color

The awaited release of When the Leaves Fall from Alma of Blackbird Designs.  This is another awe inspiring booklet with projects and finishing techniques to inspire any needlwork person.  It also includes the pattern of out of print Moonlit Garden.  Definately not a dissapointment.  This is also listed in my Etsy.


This little gem was released early this Fall 2022 by Beth Twist of Hearstring Samplery-This delighful booklet has so many projects and ideas-a true must for any sampler loving stitcher.  Beth always delights with her sense of design and adaptations of antique samplers.


Well, I am off to dye and get orders out.  I hope you are spending a few moments to breath and enjoy the season.  It is always bittersweet with the ending of the year and the start of a New Year.  

I will be back.....I have quite a few more items to discuss.

Ebeth

 

No comments:

Post a Comment