Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tuesday-Late start!

Good day to all,

Late start, but now have hit the floor running.  Getting a couple of kits out the door and packing.  I will be in Birmingham, Al-teaching for a regional Share A Stitch this weekend. 

I will be dropping in at Hoffman Distributors to see the staff and say hello.  Would be nice if I saw a few of my charts off to new homes.

I am packing up some reference books and finishing supplies to help the students in Studio Time.

I am still working the kinks out of the Day of the Dead Piece.  I hope to get that finished and out the door.  No, I am not going Goth.  I am doing a piece for a Retreat at the Salty Yarn Ocean City, MD in October the 14-16th.  The Day of the Dead is the holiday to celebrate loved ones that have passed to the other side.  I am working in bright colors and there will be a hornbook thread page and a paper pin book decorated with a line drawn skull.  We will be working with wool and it should be fun. 410-289-4667 for a reservation and more details.

I have finished dyeing a canvas bag that we will be embellishing with ribbon and charms in September at 3 Stitches in Spring, Texas 281-320-0133 for mor details.

I just finished a bag to go with the Maritime Sewing box.  It is based on an antique bag that I own.  We will be painting the fabric along with painting the linen and constructing part of the sewing box and the bag at a retreat in September at Sit n' Stitch in Toluca Lake, CA.  818-760-9330 for a reservation and more details.

Well, I will post more and keep you up to date on the packing.  I am going back into my basement to orgainze-well as close to it as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment