Monday, February 12, 2018

Alphabet Pin Pillow

I know!  I should be in the dye studio working on items for market.  But when the stitching bug hits.....what can one do.  For months I have been trying to figure out a new design to stitch on Ruby Murray.  Well the idea came. I love designing Alphabets-I love moving them around and making them 'float' on the design.  This was a lovely quick design then stitch.

The pillow was stitched on 32 count Ruby Murray using threads by Weeks Dye Works, The Gentle Art and Classic Colorworks.  I used two strands on the 32 count.  It makes the color very vibrant.  If you want your piece to be lighter and more 'antique' looking you can use one strand of the fiber indicated on the chart.  I used Tarnished Halo velvet and Tarnished Halo mini Pom Pom to finish the piece.  The chart has instructions to stitch the design and detailed finishing instruction.

I hope that you enjoy this piece as much as I have designing it.....enjoy-hugs Ebeth


No comments:

Post a Comment