Thursday, July 18, 2024

Birth of a new color

I so love the birth of a new color-I especially love it when I hit the color I wanted the first time.  It is also humbling-I was doing an act of kindness to help a client get a piece stitched for her.  The color is not available-so yep the chemistry part of my brain went into action.  I already had a color that was near where I wanted to go.  It just needed tweaking.  Well, after some color theory thinking-I realized to get there I had to do some change ups.
One this had to be an over dyed linen-that means that I was not going to start with white-ok-what base would mix with the colors to get me there.  I fortunately had a base that would work in my pile of unprocessed linen.  Great I did not have to wait to try my new experiment.
Next how to tweak the old recipe and make it work.  I realized that the orginial being beefed up would not work.  So, we are talking a double dip.  Now what do I need to mix to get the depth of the color I want.  I have to stay in the color zone-but different colors.  A little math-color theory and chemistry and bam-One try and the birth of Common House Sparrow happened.  

And yes I did the happy dance when it dried and it was the exact color I needed.  

I am again pleased to introduce you to Common House Sparrow.  




So, now I am off to dye more of this color and handle orders.  I truly thank all of you that support me and encourage me to keep working on my passion.  I am so grateful that I can do something I love and get rewarded for it.  

Hugs Ebeth



 

No comments:

Post a Comment