Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Spare time....right

In between decorating, dyeing and organizing online sales....I finished these items for a client.  They were different and fun to finish.


This pillow needed to be bigger so I added strips of fabric and alternated the cross over on the corners.  I also dressed up the side with Just Another Button Company's buttons to play out the images on the pillow.  I used a Jute coil for the cording on the edge of the pillow.  It added a rustic look to the pillow.



This was a fun pillow to make.  I got a denim work shirt from Goodwill and measured it for the stitched piece and cut it out and sewed it together for the pillow.  I put iron on interfacing on the back of the stitched piece and I hand sewed the piece onto the pillow.  I Rouched a Gross Grain Ribbon onto the edge of the stitched piece.  I added buttons onto the seam edge instead of a cording and decorated the open space on the edges with Just Another Button Company's Buttons.  This pillow is supposed to be a Christmas present for the client's son. 

Here is a fun Christmas pillow.  I used the same Jute cording, but in a red color to add a rustic look to the pillow.


Finally an Easter ornament.  This was so cute.  I sandwiched the Rick Rack between the front and back pieces and tacked into place so that only the edge peaked out around the piece.  I put batting on the front and back to give it some depth.  I used Raffia for the bow and the hanger.

It was fun to put on my finishing hat and sit down and work on these pieces.  Got me wanting to design and finish more items.....

Hope the client is pleased with her new goodies-will be delivering them tomorrow.

Well off to set up a sale for this weekend----See you on my facebook.

Hugs Ebeth

1 comment:

  1. Love your finishes, especially the fall piece at the top!

    ReplyDelete